Kate offers functional testing to give you answers to what is causing your health problems. She will discuss functional testing if relevant during the initial consultation.
Functional Testing for ME/CFS
In ME/CFS there is often gut dysbiosis, so testing for the presence of pathogens including Candida, bad bacteria, viruses and parasites often yields positive results. If this is the case, then I can recommend specific dietary and supplemental advice to help your body to get rid of the pathogens.
GI MAP Microbial Assay
The GI MAP is a comprehensive stool test that tests for using cutting edge DNA testing technology:
- Pathogenic bacteria, toxins, parasites and viruses
- Good bacteria (including lactobacillus and bifidobacterium)
- Bacterial autoimmune triggers
- Dysbiotic bacteria
- Phyla microbiota ratios
- Opportunistic parasites
- Yeast, fungi and moulds
- Secretory IgA (sIgA)
- Anti-gliadin sIgA
- Pancreatic elastase 1
- Faecal Occult blood
- Antibiotic resistance genes
Undertaking this test can give us an overall picture of the imbalances in the gut, which can then be rectified.
Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA)
The Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA) is a stool profile providing an informative and flexible screening of gastrointestinal function. This stool analysis evaluates:
- Putrefactive Short–Chain Fatty Acids
- Meat and Vegetable Fibers
- Fecal Fats
- Gut Metabolic Markers
- Beneficial Short–Chain Fatty Acids (SCFA) with n–Butyrate
- SCFA distribution
- Fecal Lactoferrin
- Macroscopic (color, mucus)
- Occult Blood
- Gut Microbiology Markers
- Beneficial Bacteria
- Additional Bacteria
This CDSA also has optional add-ons that are charged additionally including:
- Macroscopic examination for parasitic worms £35.
- Calprotectin – a marker for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis £65
- Pancreatic elastase – a marker for protein digestion via pancreatic enzymes £105
- Bile acids – a marker for fat digestion £86
- Eosinophil protein X £40
- Helicobacter pylori EIA a bacteria that can cause stomach pain £90
- Clostridium difficile EIA £55
Also a stool test for Zonulin, which is a marker for leaky gut, can be ordered for £90.
This stool test can confirm if you have a Candida overgrowth. Also it tests for the effectiveness of various antifungal supplements to get rid of the yeast infection.
Furthermore if you would like to order a test or get more information on available tests, send a message in the form below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.