Overnight oats are all the rage at the moment for busy and health conscious people. If you start work at 8am and don’t have time to cook porridge or make scrambled eggs.
This delicious overnight oats recipe is a great idea if you are in a rush in the morning and don’t have time to make breakfast. You can leave it to soak overnight so it’s ready to eat in the morning. You can even take it to work in a glass container and eat it at your desk!
Also if you have chronic fatigue (ME/CFS) and have limited energy during day, you can make it in advance at a time when your energy is high and store it in the fridge ready to eat.
This recipe was inspired by one of my nutrition clients who is a chef. He wasn’t keen on making porridge which I recommended, so instead he had overnight oats!
The overnight oats are packed with omega 3 in the chia seeds/flaxseeds, antioxidants in the blueberries and fibre to keep you feeling full for longer!
I love this recipe and make it a couple of times a week.
50g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
50g porridge oats (gluten-free)
150ml almond milk
1 teaspoon chia seeds or flaxseeds
1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds
2 teaspoons cashew nuts
½ teaspoon cinnamon
- The night before, weight out the oats in a glass container with a lid.
- Add the chia seeds/flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, cashew nuts and cinnamon.
- Now pour in the almond milk.
- Leave overnight to soak in the fridge.
- The next morning pour in extra liquid if necessary, and add the blueberries on top.
- Either eat immediately, or if you’re in a rush seal with the lid and take with you to eat a work. Enjoy!
For more healthy recipes click here!